Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Whaleshark and Other Reminders


Today, I finally met the Whaleshark.... after 3 weeks of suspense, anticipation, being pulled apart and repainted, the fam brought the Whaleshark to me, and we met each other for the first time. I sized him up, and so he to me. We're both a little intimidated by each other, me of his size, and him of my lack of relevant experience. Nevertheless, I thought it apt to mark the moment with a Veuve. Me, the fam and the Whaleshark. Here's to many great moments ahead.


A series of events in the last few days have reminded me of a few things... that i have an extraordinary life, i'm surrounded by wonderful loving people, and i have a very different approach to life and rather different corresponding perspectives. As a result, it's easy to be misunderstood. Sometimes, it hurts a little, but thank goodness for family and good friends, who understand. But it's a reminder for me that sometimes, i should probably keep my mouth shut, so there is little chance for good intentions to be misunderstood. Maybe it's time to lay low for a while, and retreat a little. I think kokopops and the Whaleshark will approve.


No comments:

Post a Comment