Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Melancholy and A lot of Fruits

It was a somewhat melancholic day. The day didn't particularly start on a good note, and the rest of the day just crawled by. The highlight of today, however, was the sheer amount of fruits I have fed myself.

The morning started with a hearty bowl of Banana Nut Crunch, with Hi-Calcium Low-Sugar Soy Milk; and lunch opened with a carrot and a big brown pear, before Ol' Chang enticed me with a curry puff and a spring roll doused with sambal (there goes my eat healthy day). Before yoga class, I munched happily (much to the chagrin of my colleagues however) on a very crunchy and excessively red apple. Some of the apples in my fridge are weeks old, but they still stay super red and super crunchy. It can't be natural, can it?

Yoga class was good today. Alot of stretching, alot of breathing, alot of perspiring. Dinner was then a treat - toasted sliced wholemeal bread, a slice of apple baked ham, some shaved honey baked ham, half a cucumber, a handful of cherry tomatoes, 25% of a rockmelon and half a glass of cloudy apple juice.

Aside from the curry puff and the spring roll (dammit), i'm pretty proud of myself.

Ef-Aech sent me a message today, to tell me how much he enjoys reading my blog. I am very touched, that someone will find my random mutterings an enjoyable read. He said that it reminds him of the little things in life, that we all seem to overlook. Ef-Aech, I hope you continue to get entertained, particularly on the bad weather days or when the bridge falls down!

I have been inspired lately to get creative again. Monk has been a huge inspiration, and writing has been liberating. Nawoo gave a great suggestion, of me picking up my children's stories idea again. Will ask Niks Biks if she'd be interested in doing this.

Daiweina is injured. I hope she feels better soon. Our bodies are so vulnerable, we have to treat it with much tender loving care.

As always, a great song to share. Kraak en Smaak are groovy, and this is such a creative video.


No comments:

Post a Comment