Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Funny Friend

Seeing bhubs makes me laugh. It's not that he looks funny, or strange; but seeing him just makes me laugh. I think it's because he reminds me of all the irrational and unexplainable and ridiculous things we used to do when we were younger, and reminds me of how much nonsense we can be capable of. Not because we have something to prove, really... but that it can be so much fun to be full of nonsense and not care if people find us funny. As long as we find ourselves funny, which most of the time, is the case.

Bhubs is an old friend from senior high. I can't remember how exactly we met, but we were in different classes. I always found a big similarity between him and the character "Chandler" in friends. Bhubs definitely doesn't look like "Chandler" but they share the same witty humour and inability to resist the temptation to take a stab at someone. Bhubs has also always been a steadfast (wow, can't remember when i last used that word!) friend although we've been miles apart for many years, pursuing our own goals. It's true when they say that with good friends, distance and time has no real impact. When you meet again, it feels as natural as.... hmm... as good friends feel about each other.

It's great to have him back again.

Have been very low in motivation so far this week. Not that i have nothing to occupy my time or no deadlines to meet. Maybe it's time to get back into some physical activity to get my blood pumping again. Back to yoga routine next week and hopefully some tennis or swimming!!! Better get cracking on work before i have to swim against the current of time. It didn't feel good the last time, that's for sure.

3 comments:

  1. Lies, all lies.

    She's been horrible to me all these years.

    One time in high school, she forced me against my will to unbutton my shirt and show her my chest. It was sexual harrassment.

    Being young and scared, I was too timid to bring this matter forth to the authorities and have lived in shame ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I only wear turtlenecks now.

    ReplyDelete