Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

My Gross Individual Happines (GIH) index today is positive although it's been a rather tiring and hectic day. So, that's GOOD.

The Good

- I am in a better hotel today than yesterday.
- I managed to do almost everything I had set out to accomplish.
- I met a relatively informative cab driver who gave me alot of fringe information.
- Got my lunch in 7 minutes and finished it in 15, thus achieving the 30 mins timeline I set for the servers at the restaurant. They were very proud that they managed to (1) suggest a quick dish, (2) serve it quickly, and (3) allow me to be in and out of the restaurant in 30 mins.
- I had yam flavoured ice cream!! When was the last time I tasted that??
- The staff at the noodle counter at dinner was a cutie. He broke into a huge grin while trying to explain "麻辣" (numbingly spicy) to me, not knowing that it's my middle name. But he had one of those smiles that lits up the face and illicits a smile in return, so he got away with it.
- Someone asked me if i'm a teacher, and i replied with a chuckle and said no. I asked him why he thought so, and he said I looked "儒雅", which according to an online dictionary means "风度温文尔雅", which means "气质彬彬有礼,行为典雅端正", which means someone who has class, who is very polite and proper. *blush* 

The Bad

- Faced some brickwalls today and didn't get as much information as I had hoped for.
- First part of today was too rushed, and insane. Had my first meal of the day at 3pm within 30 minutes (see above).
- I pointed to the orange coloured ice cream tub in the ice cream fridge and asked what it was, the reply i got was "ice cream". Gee weez, I really couldn't tell.
- When I asked for a gin tonic at the bar, I was given a bottle of bombay sapphire and a can of tonic, and a question asking if i was taking it away.

The Ugly

I pigged out at dinner. I convinced myself that i deserved it after a hard 2 days on the road. Initial plan was to have an appetizer, main course and dessert, but a buffet greeted me at the restaurant. So I ate the following:

- 2 slices of raw salmon sashimi
- a piece of sushi
- 3 mouthfuls of stir fried noodles
- 2 mouthfuls of fried rice
- a portion of squid strips simmered in spices
- a few slices of spiced pork
- a small bowl of pulled noodles in mala soup with a piece of mushroom and some vegetables
- 2 carrot sticks
- 3 celery sticks
- 1 slice of thin crust pizza
- a bite of garlic sauteed beef
- a rosemary and garlic marinated chicken wing
- a scoop of yam flavoured ice cream
- 1/5 scoop of mango flavoured ice cream
- 2 teaspoons of creme brulee
- 2 teaspoons of tiramisu
- a mini fruit tart (kiwi, peach and strawberry)
- a bite of brownie
- 2 glasses of apple and orange juice
- a gin tonic

My thoughts are with cacat and her family today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment