Tuesday, May 12, 2009

.... and that's Life.

I told Nawoo that I was going to start a blog again, and he asked, "write about travel?"

And i told him, "about life, travel, love, food, death, passion, friends, everything."

Not in order, of course. That's also life, when you think about it. Nothing happens in order, or as planned, aside from the natural order of things - we are born, we live, we die. End of story.

Nope, i'm not pessimistic or cynical. In fact, I am very positive by nature. Today, I was reminded again that life is fleeting, that "life is but a glimpse between two eternities". Unfortunately, I learn these lessons through the short lives of some of the people around me, and the pain that the people around them have to go through. So, celebrate life! Celebrate love, celebrate living, celebrate being!

One of my favourite questions to bug my friends is "what is your objective in life?" Trust me, I've had quite a few looks, but I haven't had many earth-moving answers. Maybe we have been tricked into unsatisfactory objectives, maybe we haven't had time to ask ourselves that question, maybe we're afraid to look into ourselves for fear of finding only darkness and no answers. I'm not sure what's worse - not asking, or not having answers. 

One thing, to me, is for sure. Travel. 

It opens up your mind, it refreshes your eyes.
It is liberating, it makes you feel vulnerable.
It warms your heart, it makes it beat - in every rhythm.
It renews hopes, it creates dreams.
It heightens your sense of being, it is real.

And so, i almost live to travel so that I can learn as much as possible from this earth and with this life and body. Along the way, some people join me in my journey, and show me another aspect of traveling; and enhance my joy of discovering new things and accummulating new experiences. 

... and that's Life, my friends! That's Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment