Sunday, May 24, 2009

I've got Music, I've got Rhythm.

Just had a wonderful day jamming with the girls, and we produced such interesting sounds today with the cajon, the sax and the bongos. We're going to play lovely songs for the teacher in 2 weeks, i hope it turns out well!

There's something about music, that calms the nerves, and nurses the soul. What i loved about learning music while growing up, was how it transformed my environment when I was playing my electone or piano. Then when i started getting into more electronic music, i loved how the music cruised into my veins and for the duration of the song, moves me into another dimension, into another world. In this world, no one else exists and i'm prancing and dancing with heightened senses. I could be physically in a bus, or walking down the street, but my mind is somewhere else. It feels like my own little secret, and I love that. You can't really explain this world, you can't really explain the plethora of emotions. It's liberating.

And when you watch musicians in their element, it is one of the most inspiring and motivational experiences. Passion, is such a powerful internal motivator and discipline mister/ mistress.

The weekend has (almost) come to an end!!! Will pick up dinner somewhere now, and retire the night with a movie or more reading. I embrace the new week with refreshed vigour! Rigor, not ruthlessness. Self effacing, not self promoting.

I aspire to be a Level 5!

Have decided to name my saxophone Monk, after Thelonious Monk. =)
That's not very mediterranean, is it?

1 comment:

  1. Level 5 in MUSIC;
    Grade A in LIFE...

    or what was it again that Jein Er said?

    ReplyDelete