Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The First REAL Post of 2011

My last blog post was a little strange, a little funny. I remember thinking I had the perfect thought and the perfect blog entry in mind to kick off 2011. But after those few paragraphs, I thought I could do with a short rest. I stood up, walked to the couch, and didn't get up till 2 hours later!!!

Now, you may think, okay, here's an alcoholic... but no. That was the most amount of alcohol i consumed this year so far. Oh wait a minute, then there was the hen party, and there was some serious drinking there too (and too many accidents involving half a dozen champagne glasses, a stool and bandages...)

The year has been relatively eventful so far, and in more good ways than bad. 2011 is going to be a big year of changes, I can feel it - for me and for a lot of people around me. Besides turning the big 3-0 (which seems to scare everyone, i'm not sure how terrified i am yet), Koks and I are planning a huge party, our friends are planning huge parties, new family members etc. It's all happening.

So amidst all that preparation, all that pinot noir, and all the celebrations, we are now in March, and almost done with the first quarter of 2011. Where did all the time go???

I have, however, put in a lot of thought into what 2011 will be, for me. 2011, I hope, will be the year of:

- Ballroom Dancing, more specifically Waltz
- Diving (but we will realistically only have time in the second half of the year.)
- Baking (this is a tricky one, because i'm also trying to watch my weight, don't know how i'm going to marry the two!)
- Europe (2 visits to Austria and 1 visit to Greece planned!)
- Newspaper Reading
- Jazz songs on the Sax

Hmm, that doesn't look so bad does it?

What will this year have in store for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment