Wednesday, August 3, 2011

These Feet Are Meant for Walking - Maldives



This is my third time in the Maldives, and it still does not fail to amaze me how turquoise the waters can be and how ridiculous the geography of this place is. What was Mother Nature thinking???

Got stung by jellyfish today - second time in my life; and after sharing my first jellyfish attack from 7 years ago last night!!! The coincidence!!! It first hit me on my calf. I brushed it away, and then it came back to hit my thigh. I just couldn't believe my luck, until the pain escalated. I swerved and squinted into the water, looking for the sonofagun... and there it was, with its rainbow coloured tail shining in the waters like one of those plastic battery operated child's toy. 

One upside to the experience though... i found out that the following is true: pouring pee over a jellyfish sting helps to stop the pain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment