Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I've Gut a Feeling

Hello February! God, i need to improve on this blog writing. Penning once a month can hardly justify maintaining a blog. It's not that I don't have thoughts that I'd like to share, but i just have so many things going on that I find sitting in front of my computer writing my blog a luxury.

So anyway, recently, there's been a lot of talk about gut feelings.

"Go with your gut feel."
"Listen to your gut, what is it trying to tell you?"
"Trust your gut feelings."

Since when did gut feelings become reliable? And what do people without gut feelings do? How do they make their decisions? I've always had a hard time finding my gut feelings, because i'm weighing pros and cons, and thinking good and bad. On the contrary, i find gut feelings highly suspicious... i see it more as an emotional response masking itself as intuition. Wait a minute... is intuition and gut feeling the same thing? I don't think so. I think intuition is informed, but gut feelings are not. Intuition is backed by some rationale most of the time, but gut feelings are always more of a gamble.

Then again, in this uncertain and unpredictable (arguably) world, maybe all we have are intuition and gut feelings... and a belief that at the end of the day, everything will be all right and be for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment