Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Soy + Latte = ?

I tried a soy latte once, and thought it tasted weird. So when presented the opportunity today, i decided to give it another shot. Maybe the last one just happened to be a bad one. Maybe the soy milk was bad. Maybe.

The soy latte arrived in a latte glass, just like any other lattes I've had. I took a hesitant sip, and my face crunched up in agony.

It still tasted odd.

It just doesn't make sense. I love soy milk, I love lattes. I could drink glasses of them every day and not get sick of it. I use soy milk in my morning cereal, followed by a latte. I have a latte after lunch, sometimes even after dinner.

So why is it that when you combine soy and latte, the concoction is so odd???

Sounds a little like people, coming together, trying to make a relationship work. Girl is great, guy is great. But together, not so great. And you can force yourself to drink the whole glass (I did! I thought perhaps, it's a matter of acquiring the taste...), but you may then just be marked for life and never give it a shot again. But on the other hand, if you never added soy and latte, you would have never known how it'd taste. Then you could try to adjust the amount of soy, and the amount of coffee, till you reach the magical proportion.

Or maybe, you should just continue to drink your soy and latte separately. Keep the soy with the dough fritters and the cereal, and the latte with the choc chip cookies (and the trusty toffee nut syrup!)

3 comments:

  1. but but but, soy lattes are REALLY YUMMY! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to drink lots of soy milk and then i found out that it has high levels of estrogen and will eventually cause me to grow boobs so i cut it down significantly

    i realize this is fairly unrelated to your post but i just felt like sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i read abt that too.... you gotta take soy in controlled amounts

    ReplyDelete