Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Missing Autumn in Europe

It's raining outside, and it feels damp and fuzzy. This kind of weather reminds me of gloomy wet days in Europe... when it was nice to cuddle at home with a hot cuppa, or to stroll through the gardens inhaling the fragrance of wet grass and soggy tree bark.

I miss Europe. I miss the changing seasons, the smell in the air, how people furnish the insides of their apartments. I miss discovering new places around the corner, hearing my heels click on the cobbled streets. I miss struggling with a language, making cultural mistakes and learning from them, going into the supermarket and not finding things, getting frustrated.

I miss hopping into the train at every long weekend or long break, and heading to a new city, new town, visiting a castle, trying new cuisine.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I can even miss what you are missing... to not having the experience even. Count yourself so very lucky to miss it. :) So nice, tell me how you felt what you did, i can so imagine stories!

    ReplyDelete