Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dolphins in the Maldives

I never knew turquoise, till I arrived in the Maldives 2 days ago. Never have I seen waters so clear and so blue, I am almost convinced that I can drink it straight from the ocean and quench my thirst.


For the first time in my life, I saw dolphins in the wild. Not one, not two, but at least a hundred of them. They swam alongside our boat, performing graceful stunts, teasing us with front and back flips, putting up a show in appreciation of our disbelieving applause. Such beautiful and adorable mammals!That's them swimming along us, responding to our claps and calls.

That's one of them caught in the act!!! How cool is that??

And since it was a sunset cruise, there must be a shot of the warm sunset. The sun took its sweet time to roll over the horizon, tantalising us with a glorious splash of colour.


What a beautiful introduction to the Maldives! Hello dolphins! Thank you for the great show, I look forward to seeing you in the waters in a couple of days.


2 comments:

  1. HI,

    Dolphins are the cutest and one of the friendliest aquatic beings. Dolphin watching in Maldives is like a national pastime. Maldives is ranked amongst the five best places where you can watch dolphins galore. Rendered speechless by the affability and allure of this beautiful fish type, kids are seen screaming and clapping with joy. Thanks a lot...

    ReplyDelete